With business on hold for the first half of 2020, our members have kept productive and put the time to good use in a wide variety of ways. Our next few posts will showcase our members’ proactive approach.
Here Davide Cachia, our DMC member in Malta tells us what they have been doing.
Malta is already open for business as from July 1st with flights from most destinations. This short video gives a taste of the highlights of the islands.
Here at Colours of Malta we have kept in touch with clients via webinars, generally highlighting the novelties of the Maltese islands, to maintain awareness of the destination.
Our staff signed up to various online courses.
- All the staff at COM are following an online course in ECO SUSTAINABILITY in the Tourism industry, mainly targeted at events. This is an online course with 10 hours of direct contact with the tutor with Q&A
- Management courses with FORBES on service in 5 star hotels and destination management
- Davide and Cristina attended a course on Government and Institutional Travel and Tourism by Forbes specialising in government travel, official delegations, protocol, security, VIP transportation for official government visits and all important aspects relating to VIP government delegations. Davide received a certification for this course.
COM had won the tender for the EU presidency in Malta in 2017 and organised 235 events. Davide received a certification for this course.
Colours of Malta currently posts a video every week on new properties or refurbishments. These videos are available on our Facebook page
- The WESTIN, where a 40 million Euro refurbishment was completed during the COVID period.
- The Intercontinental refurbishment
- The NEW Hyatt opening in autumn. We were the absolute first to feature this.
- NEW Mercure hotel
- The NEW Marriott Malta
- A brand new boutique hotel in Valletta
On a personal level, sports and quality family time have definitely topped the list of benefits to come out of the lock down, after so many years spent working at full speed.
Now we are ready and eagerly looking forward to getting back to our fast-paced lives in events.